Safety Missions and Certifications
Terrafirma believes in a behavioral based approach to safety. We understand the importance of ensuring that employees and contractors have the information, necessary qualifications and field level training to complete work safely and efficiently.
Our company has a stringent onboarding and orientation process (including eGSO) with a focus on a field level training to competency process. We understand the importance of supporting individuals at the field level in making sound safety decisions to ensure that a safe workplace is created and maintained for all involved including employees, contractors and our clients.
Terrafirma is dedicated to maintaining a safe work environment through promotion of the philosophy that “Safety Is Everyone’s Responsibility”. Through promoting the following safety leadership principles including:
- Everyone is responsible for their safety and the safety of others, we must look after one another on the worksite.
- All individuals have the right and responsibility to refuse unsafe work and will not perform or permit an unsafe act.
- Encouraging and reinforcing safe work behaviors through observation, teamwork and effective mentoring strategies.
- Required participation in hazard assessment strategies including identifying, prioritizing, controlling and communicating potential or existing hazards to all individuals involved in the work.
- Commitment to safety as a way of life both on and off the worksite
Terrafirma possesses several safety certifications, qualifications and memberships including:
- COR (Certification of Recognition)
- ACSA (Alberta Construction Safety Association) member since 2000
- PICS Certification
- Partners in Injury Reduction (PIR) program member
- Terrafirma is also been prequalified and is a member of external databases including ISNetworld and Complyworks.